Truthfully, it’s the number one recurring topic that listeners of this podcast bring up with them in conversation, so we thought it was high time to take another look at it.
Today we are talking about the “Knowledge Gap” and the “Efficiency Gap”.
Too often, entrepreneurs are selling their product or service by trying to solve a “Knowledge Gap” for their customer. Nearly every entrepreneur does this. We try to be the expert in our line of work and teach people why they need to work with us.
But we’ve found that businesses that learn how to focus on “Efficiency Gaps” and solve them properly tend to be more profitable, successful, and fulfilling for their owners to run.
In this episode, we’ll be sharing reasons why people get caught up in this differential and what we, as entrepreneurs, can do to ensure that our businesses are successful.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What the “Knowledge Gap” is and why entrepreneurs tend to focus on it so heavily. (2:32)
- Why solving the “Efficiency Gap” means having a deeper understanding of the problems of your clientele. (6:02)
- What happens when you lack the competence to solve the problems in your market. (10:47)
- Why the fact that no one is doing something yet doesn’t mean that you should be. (24:58)
- Why you shouldn’t bet the success of your business on your clients’ not gaining knowledge. (30:24)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Happy Hour Friday
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ruby Receptionists. There’s not a business that doesn’t benefit from friendly, live customer support on the phone. Ruby Receptionists guarantee that all of your calls will be answered by a friendly team of remote receptionists. From their offices in Portland, Oregon, Ruby delivers exceptional experiences to your callers. They are just like an in-house receptionist at a fraction of the cost. Most importantly, they sound like they are sitting in your office. To learn more, visit them online at CallRuby.com or better yet, check out their services yourself by calling 855-389-LIVE. Big thanks to Ruby Receptionists for sponsoring the podcast.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian