In it, Jason proposes that all entrepreneurs are essentially fighters. We are fighting to make a living, fighting to survive, and fighting to change marketplaces.
Any good fighter needs to have a plan, and in his post, Jason shared his own “moves” for running a business.
On today’s episode, we are talking about some of Jason’s insights, and sharing a few of our own “moves” as well.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why a “Freemium” model isn’t a good way to learn about your customers. (5:40)
- The reason all startups are screwed up, and why that’s okay. (11:49)
- How “napkin math” can help you set realistic goals. (17:22)
- Why your pricing determines everything else in your business. (23:26)
- Some of our secret Kung Fu moves. (27:10)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Jason Cohen
- WP Engine
- Kung Fu by Jason Cohen
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. For a lot of our listeners, Ahrefs is already your go-to tool for optimizing search engine results. This year, they have dramatically improved their Keywords Explorer by rebuilding it from scratch. Their new Keywords Explorer 3 not only gives you access to data from Google, but from nine more search engines including YouTube, Amazon, and Bing. Whether you need to run a technical site audit, do competitor research, or identify high-value keyword opportunities, check them out at Ahrefs.com and big thanks to Ahrefs for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian