Not too many people in American society feel comfortable talking about their personal finances. It’s somehow taboo to share how much money you are making, or to speak freely about your financial position.
Maybe this is part of the reason that so many entrepreneurs don’t open up about selling their businesses. They think that nobody wants to hear them complain about how much money they made.
In this week’s podcast, we aren’t holding back. Dan and Ian share how they feel about money, how much money they want, and what actual financial freedom looks like to them.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The ways in which your personal finances can influence your business decisions. (6:35)
- How to construct your “Lifestyle Ladder”. (8:50)
- How having access to debt affects our behavior. (12:57)
- What happens when you start to build a basic amount of savings. (18:56)
- How to determine what your “Freedom Line” is. (25:53)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Seth Godin
- Rich vs. King in the Real World by Jason Cohen
- The Entrepreneurmobile and Our Top 10 Used Cars For Under $5,000
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ruby Receptionists. There’s not a business that doesn’t benefit from friendly, live customer support on the phone. Ruby Receptionists guarantee that all of your calls will be answered by a friendly team of remote receptionists. From their offices in Portland, Oregon, Ruby delivers exceptional experiences to your callers. They are just like an in-house receptionist at a fraction of the cost. Most importantly, they sound like they are sitting in your office. To learn more, visit them online at CallRuby.com or better yet, check out their services yourself by calling 855-389-LIVE. Big thanks to Ruby Receptionists for sponsoring the podcast.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian