On this week’s show, they have chosen to showcase the story of a mid-market luxury brand that is finding massive success.
Linjer manufactures and sells beautifully crafted leather handbags and watches, which retail between $200 and $500 USD.
In today’s episode, Jennifer and Roman speak to us about a wide variety of topics, including researching marketplaces, building teams and making deals with factory owners (there are some serious ‘lessons learnt’ in the mix too).
But this is not just an episode about people who are passionate about selling great products. It’s also a unique case study on how to use savvy marketing techniques to grow your business.
And Linjer are hiring .. so check out their website if you feel inspired to join their team after listening to this week’s show.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How they chose the name Linjer and how they developed their brand. (3:52)
- Why they chose to get into a competitive market like the fashion industry. (11:25)
- What went into the creation of their first product. (15:06)
- The challenges that they faced when launching their line of women’s bags. (30:00)
- Some of Roman’s insights on how to successfully use Facebook ads. (41:40)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Jennifer Chong
- Roman Khan
- Kate Spade
- Michael Kors
- Tory Burch
- Rocket Internet
- Première Vision
- Louis Vuitton
- Casio Watches
- Sheryl Sandberg
- How 2 Designers Raised $100,000 on Kickstarter in 6 Hours
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by VideoBlocks. VideoBlocks is a subscription service that gives you access to a multi-million dollar library of high quality media, including video, photography, sound effects, more. TMBA listeners can sign up for a free 7 day trial at VideoBlocks.com/TMBA.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 378: “If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try Try Try Again.”
- TMBA 396: The Realities of Running a Business in 2017
- TMBA 409: Amazon And The Elephant In The Room
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian