Mark Brenwall is the founder of WOD Nation, an Amazon FBA business that sells CrossFit products.
A few years ago, Mark joined us for one of our favorite conversations we’ve had on this podcast in an episode called “The Power of Under Optimization”.
That episode was all about Mark’s unconventional business approach, which prioritizes lifestyle and happiness over aggressive growth.
Today’s episode is the first in a two-part series where we revisit Mark’s story.
In this first part, we explore some of the personal and professional circumstances that led Mark to leave a seemingly great life in the United States for the unknown.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Mark started questioning his life in San Francisco. (4:25)
- How Mark’s path to sobriety is deeply connected with his entrepreneurial journey. (10:01)
- The importance of losing your ego. (13:32)
- What happened when Mark moved to the Philippines. (18:36)
- Why Mark ultimately decided to start selling products on Amazon. (27:10)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s company, Smash Digital (previously known as Supremacy SEO).
While SEO companies are a dime a dozen, Smash Digital stands out by having skin in the game. They offer clients the exact same SEO services that they use on their own portfolio of companies and even offer partnership and investment deals for the right potential partners.
Now you have a chance to tap into their years of experience and get a video audit for your business, for free. They’ve done well over a hundred of these for the community and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Whether your business has stagnated in organic traffic or never got traction in the first place, the Smash team will help figure out the reasons and help you grow your business.
Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form now.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian