Last week, we spoke to Mark Brenwall about why he left his job in San Francisco to move to Asia and start WOD Nation, an Amazon FBA business that sells CrossFit products.
Today’s podcast is the conclusion of that interview and in it, we speak specifically about Mark’s entrepreneurial “code”.
In this conversation, Mark shares some of his unorthodox business philosophies, as well as some specific insights into the Amazon FBA platform, and why he almost decided to sell his business last year.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Mark’s thoughts about starting an Amazon FBA business today. (2:15)
- Some of Mark’s unique business philosophies. (10:30)
- Why Mark doesn’t read business books. (17:52)
- Mark’s struggles with selling his business and why he ultimately decided not to do it. (22:40)
- Why who you are is more important than how you make your money. (32:53)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s company, Smash Digital (previously known as Supremacy SEO).
While SEO companies are a dime a dozen, Smash Digital stands out by having skin in the game. They offer clients the exact same SEO services that they use on their own portfolio of companies and even offer partnership and investment deals for the right potential partners.
Now you have a chance to tap into their years of experience and get a video audit for your business, for free. They’ve done well over a hundred of these for the community and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Whether your business has stagnated in organic traffic or never got traction in the first place, the Smash team will help figure out the reasons and help you grow your business.
Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form now.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian