After all, they used to end every episode of this podcast with the phrase “Go make a cold call.”
Businesses need to make sales to survive. And to make those sales, you need leads.
Today we are going to speak to two people who specialize in generating leads and making sales.
Dan Englander is the founder of SalesSchema, a consulting company that helps larger ad agencies win more business. Dana Lindahl is the CEO and Founder of Legendary LeadGen, a company that helps marketing agencies get in touch with their ideal prospects.
We’ve asked Dan and Dana to join us this week to engage in a spirited debate about the two dominant methods of lead generation.
On one side, there are people who believe that creating an amazing business that relies on word-of-mouth marketing will ultimately bring in more qualified leads. On the other side, is the idea that cold email outreach is ultimately the better way to get new customers and clients.
Regardless of what you think, we hope this episode will inspire you to go out there and take the necessary steps to grow your business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The downsides of running a lead generation business. (5:17)
- Where most people struggle with outbound marketing campaigns. (8:54)
- Why the best marketers are getting permission first. (19:05)
- How our own opinions about internet marketing can cloud our judgment when it comes to marketing our businesses. (24:15)
- Why you can’t “easy button” the marketing side of your business. (34:28)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dan Englander
- Dana Lindahl
- Legendary LeadGen
- Seth Godin
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Empire Flippers. Empire Flippers are the leading specialists in helping entrepreneurs buy, sell, and invest in online businesses. Whether you are looking to buy or sell, Empire Flippers’ dedicated team will make sure you are supported at every step of the process. As a very special gift, the Empire Flippers are offering a free business valuation (A $300 value) exclusively to listeners of this show. All you have to do is visit EmpireFlippers.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian