We’ve talked about the importance of masterminds before on this podcast, but we’re returning to them again this week because we’ve seen the benefits that entrepreneurs gain from them firsthand, over and over.
When approached in the right way, the value of a great mastermind cannot be understated, and a recent mastermind played a vital role in the journey of this week’s guest.
Ryan Heneise is the founder of Booster Stage, an agency that does web app development for startups. Ryan was a sponsored guest at our recent event in Austin, Texas and took part in his first official DC mastermind.
On this week’s show, you’ll hear from Ryan about how that event unfolded, and why his mastermind was so important to him. You’ll also gain more general tips on how to get the most out of a mastermind, and how to create a successful mastermind yourself.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Ryan decided to transition from freelancing to starting his own agency. (4:03)
- What surprised Ryan about the type of people he met at the event. (7:18)
- Why it is important to create a safe space for critique. (12:05)
- The importance of “Getting Real”. (16:02)
- Five tips for running a successful mastermind. (17:48)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Ryan Heneise
- Booster Stage
- Noah Kagan
- Greg Gerber
- Bean Ninjas
- Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Getting Real by 37signals
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by our newest product, Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. Our process means that you’ll only have to post your job once, and we’ll share it with our community of more than 10,000 established remote workers. If you are looking to hire remote team members, head over to DynamiteJobs.co and use code TMBA on the checkout page to get 50% off your first posting.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian