Entrepreneurship is something of a gamble, and perhaps very few people understand that better than today’s guest.
Mike has owned and exited several successful businesses, the most popular of which being ColorIt, which manufactured and sold coloring books aimed at adults.
On today’s podcast, Mike joins us to talk about the highs and lows of his entrepreneurial career.
You’ll hear how an obsession with poker turned into Mike’s first major foray into entrepreneurship, how he founded and eventually sold ColorIt, and some of the biggest pitfalls that entrepreneurs face in the eCommerce space today.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Mike got the idea for his first business by playing a game of poker online. (7:07)
- What ultimately drove Mike away from the poker industry. (19:30)
- Why Mike developed severe anxiety as his eCommerce business grew. (36:29)
- How entrepreneurship can sometimes be like a disease. (50:00)
- Mike’s thoughts on the eCommerce landscape in 2020. (55:18)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Smash Digital
- Mike Jackness
- Chris Moneymaker
- Doyle Brunson’s Super System
- Ice Wraps
- Ezra Firestone
- Andrew Youderian
- Scott Voelker
- Who Moved My Cheese by Dr. Spencer Johnson
Deal of the Week:
This week, we are bringing you not one, but three Dynamite Deals.
What better way to kick off the new year by revisiting some of our favorite deals from 2019.
If you missed out on any of these deals before, now is your chance.
Are you having trouble creating great content, or could your existing content use an upgrade? You can get up to 40% off on SEO Optimized Content from Content Refined.
Transform your company’s image with unlimited design. We’ve partnered with ManyPixels to offer up to 35% off on their unlimited design packages.
Do you need help protecting your intellectual property? Destination Legal is offering up to 55% off their full-service trademark registration services.
Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co today to take advantage of these Dynamite Deals.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian