Greg joins us this week to share the story of Municibid, a marketplace company that Greg founded when he was 26 years old. Since then, Municibid has grown to become a completely location-independent seven figure business.
On this week’s episode, we seek to answer a very high quality problem that many entrepreneurs end up facing: what happens after you’ve actually built the business of your dreams?
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What it means to have a “poor man’s mindset”. (8:38)
- Why Greg decided that he ultimately didn’t want to seek venture capital for Municibid. (15:27)
- The pros and cons of starting a marketplace-style business. (21:52)
- What happens when you start to get bored with the business you started. (28:30)
- Why social media is giving people the wrong idea about entrepreneurship. (39:02)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Greg Berry
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Philly Startup Leaders
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. Ahrefs offers unbelievable tools to help you grow your search traffic, research your competitors, and monitor your niche. Best of all, they are offering one lucky TropicalMBA listener a chance to win a free annual subscription valued at almost $2000. Enter to win by sharing this episode on your Facebook page and letting us know in the comments below.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 388: Why We Need Strong Towns
- TMBA 402: What’s Your Superpower?
- TMBA 410: The Creation of a Brand
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian