They are particularly curious about the ways that new technology and social media can affect our ability to be productive and successful entrepreneurs.
Today’s guest is a bonafide expert when it comes to technological addiction and how to fight it.
Nir Eyal is an accomplished and thoughtful writer on the topic of behavioral design.
We invited him on to the podcast today to talk about his new book Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
Being ‘Indistractable’ is all about making sure technology takes an appropriate place in your life, and how we can find more space to be present for our family and productive at work.
Stick around to the end of the show to hear a brand new feature on this podcast, which includes a very exclusive offer for listeners of this show in the form of our very first Dynamite Deal.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Nir’s entrepreneurial experience has informed his writing. (9:00)
- Some companies that have successfully used the principles Nil wrote about in Hooked. (12:58)
- Why Nir believes that we are hardwired for distraction. (27:28)
- The four key strategies for managing distraction. (37:26)
- A very special offer for listeners of this show. (49:58)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Nir Eyal
- Indistractable by Nir Eyal
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
- How to Be More Productive and Focus (+Free Schedule Maker)
- Boston Consulting Group
- Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis
- Mindset by Carol S. Dweck
- News Feed Eradicator for Facebook
- Content Refined
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com. Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results. What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast. Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash Digital for sponsoring the show.
Deal of the Week:
We are proud and excited to share our very first Dynamite Deal with you this week. This week’s deal comes from our friends at Content Refined. We all know having regular, quality SEO optimized content published on our sites leads to more sales in the long term. But, for many reasons, it all too often falls to the bottom of our ‘to do’ lists. Content Refined is a service aimed at solving exactly this problem: they will help you upgrade your current content or regularly deliver new blog posts targeted at your ideal prospects search queries. And today at Dynamite Deals they’re offering two of their most popular packages at an incredible one-time discount. For 7 days only (or until their supplies last) you’ve got the option to supercharge your business. They have expert writers, SEO specialists, in fact, an entire team to execute on your content strategy from start to finish. Don’t keep putting off your plan for content anymore, set it and forget it with the team at Content Refined, and watch the profits roll in. Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co to take advantage of this Dynamite Deal.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian