AppSumo is a successful online business which offers daily deals for digitally distributed products and services. Noah’s blog OkDork has also been a longtime ‘must read’ for the hosts of this show.
In this episode, you’ll learn how Noah defines success, his approach to hiring and team building, investment strategies, and much more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Noah’s friendship with Ian began. (3:45)
- Why the best people to hire aren’t always the ones who are available. (12:59)
- Some of the problems that Noah’s business has been facing lately. (21:12)
- Why Noah walked out of a Tony Robbins seminar. (31:52)
- A bonus look into one of Ian’s most recent “deal hound” adventures. (45:40)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Noah Kagan
- Noah Kagan Presents
- Laura Roeder
- Meet Edgar
- AppSumo Black
- Tony Robbins
- Why I Walked Out on Tony Robbins
- Barbarians at the Gate
- Financial Samurai
- Auto Trader
- Kelly Blue Book
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by ConvertKit. ConvertKit offers automated marketing for one of the most powerful assets in business – your mailing list. For listeners of the TMBA podcast, ConvertKit is willing to offer their full functionality for free for 30 days, just head over to Convertkit.com/tmba to check it out.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 398: Evolve or Die
- TMBA 402: What’s Your Superpower?
- TMBA 403: Why Honesty is the Best Policy When Growing a Team
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=13990]