Recently they’ve been approached by some listeners who are also considering selling their businesses. So, on this week’s show, you’ll hear some of the common questions that keep cropping up, as well as five reasons why selling your business might not be the right idea for you.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How your own business can yield better returns than any other kind of investment out there. (4:21)
- Why you shouldn’t assume that you are going to repeat your success. (6:28)
- The benefits of expanding your existing brand rather than selling off. (8:25)
- How long it actually takes to sell a business. (10:53)
- One of the things Ian would do differently if he were starting a business today. (13:44)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Hacker News
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Boutique Japan
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA303: 7 Things to Consider When Selling Your Business
- TMBA329: The Exit
- TMBA343: A Look Inside Boutique Japan
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian