First off, we’d really appreciate it if you could take 5-minutes to fill in our TMBA listener survey here. By doing this, you’ll automatically enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes; from SEO courses to premium travel backpacks.
Ever since they started their new business Dynamite Jobs, they have been seeking more information about the remote work ecosystem.
One of the things that they’ve realized is that remote work isn’t necessarily for everybody. Just like the traditional office setting, it comes with its own set of challenges.
Since they haven’t worked in an office in many years, they thought it might be ‘productive’ to spend a day in the office together and see how it compared to their typical remote workday.
On today’s podcast, you’ll hear some on-location recordings from that, as well as an in-depth discussion about five of the most pressing questions that businesses should be asking about remote work in 2019.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What a day in the office with Dan and Ian sounds like. (2:29)
- Why it’s harder to build a company culture with a remote team. (13:50)
- What kind of role time zones should play in the decisions you make with your remote team. (21:20)
- Whether a new management style needs to be developed for remote teams. (30:10)
- How we’ve created new guidelines for using remote tools with our team. (35:54)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- TMBA Community Survey
- Authentic Leather Patch Company
- Bean Ninjas
- Empire Flippers
- Manta Sleep
- Maverick by Ricardo Semler
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
Got five minutes? Fill in Our TMBA listener survey and enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes!
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Revision Legal.
Here at TMBA we often talk about how difficult it can be to find professional services who truly understand entrepreneurs and their businesses. Revision Legal really ‘get’ entrepreneurs because they are around them all the time. They understand the legal problems, questions, or just general uncertainty that might be slowing you down and preventing you from reaching your full potential. Legal questions and dilemmas come in many shapes and sizes, but they all need to be answered to enable you to meet your goals – and if you don’t get them sorted, trust me, they will come back to bite you. So, check out Revision Legal and don’t hesitate to drop them a line if you are looking for help.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian