We are fresh off the heels of DCBKK 2018, the annual event that we host in Bangkok.
Not every presentation can be a home run, though, and we have seen our fair share of ones that have bombed too.
This week, Dan is talking about the method and strategy behind a great presentation, and specifically the five reasons your presentation might suck.
The ability to give a great presentation is an important skill set for entrepreneurs. Even if you aren’t planning on giving a talk any time soon, learning these principles can help make you a better communicator in your business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why you should treat the audience as your peers. (2:33)
- The dangers of using your presentation as a means to pitch your business. (4:32)
- Why you need to do more showing than telling. (11:37)
- The reasons that speakers have trouble following these rules. (17:59)
- Why stage presence doesn’t matter as much as content. (21:02)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Revision Legal
- How to Create a Conference Presentation
- Rob Walling
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Growth Ninja. You’ve heard Growth Ninja advertise their performance-based Facebook ad service before on this podcast, but did you know they have a generous referral program that pays out 20% of their lifetime earnings? Referrers are making thousands every month from this program, and some of them have been getting those payments for years. If you know anyone who is already running profitable Facebook ads campaigns that are ready for some serious scale with a trusted agency, tell your friends about Growth Ninja! For more information, visit GrowthNinja.com/Referral.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian