Today we are going to try something new: we’re going to follow and record a new business as it starts.
We’ve been having a lot of trouble with email marketing lately. We’re on a very basic email marketing platform and we have kind of outgrown it. There are more robust email platforms out there, but a lot of them are really expensive and hard to operate. Eventually we discovered that Drip was a great for us, but we didn’t want to commit the man hours to learning to use it.
I reached out on Twitter to ask if anyone was interested in starting a SWaS business around the Drip platform. Jeff Pecaro was the man who answered the call. We invited Jeff on to the show this week to give our listeners an inside look on the process of starting a new business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The definition of a productized service business.
- The five steps to starting a successful productized business.
- The upsides and downsides to this business model.
- The specific pain points in our business that Jeff has been able to remedy.
- What Jeff’s business is going to do and how much he plans to charge for that.
- A special opportunity that Jeff is offering to TMBA listeners who are interested in this service.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Jeff Pecaro
- Design Pickle
- Rob Walling
- Why ‘Do It For Me’ is The Next Big Thing
- TMBA293: Start a Business This Weekend Using the Software With a Service (SWaS) Business Model
- Productizing By Not Selling Talent
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian