Longtime listeners know that one of our favorite things to do on the show is to ask guests to donate business ideas to TMBA podcast listeners.
So, for the fourth part of our Productized series, Dan and Ian put out a call for anyone that has run with one of those donated ideas to come on the show and talk about why they picked up on it, how they got started and some tips for others thinking of creating their own service.
In this week’s episode, you’ll hear from Ben McAdam and Meryl Johnston, otherwise known as the Bean Ninjas. They share how they took an idea donated by Tristan King and turned it into their very own Productized Service business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How we decide which guests are going to be on the podcast. (1:15)
- What made Ben and Meryl choose to start their business. (5:16)
- How Ben and Meryl decided which roles they would each take in the business. (13:15)
- What kind of advice they would give themselves if they were starting today. (18:23)
- Some ideas for businesses that Ben and Meryl have donated to the TropicalMBA listeners. (27:22)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Bean Ninjas
- MCJ Consulting
- Dan Norris
- The 7 Day Startup by Dan Norris
- Tristan King
- Greenback Tax Services
- Help Scout
- Startup Weekend
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA282: Starting With Productized Services: Learn a Skill, Package It For Sale, Then Scale
- TMBA307: The One Where a Business Starts on the Show
- TMBA321: Productized #3 – An Expert’s Advice
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian