This episode is an exploration of what happens when a business partnership ends. You will hear the reasons why Ben and Meryl decided to break up, and how they were able to reach a mutual understanding about buying each other out.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How both Ben and Meryl knew that they were starting to have some issues. (4:32)
- Why it’s important to separate ownership from your role in the business. (9:17)
- How they went through the initial decision to dissolve their partnership. (19:10)
- What the negotiation process looked like. (28:21)
- How the business has changed since the buyout. (38:29)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- TMBA 307: The One Where a Business Starts on the Show
- Growth Ninja
- Bean Ninjas
- MCJ Consulting
- Ben McAdam
- Dan Norris
- WP Curve
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 311: Productized Part II : ”Putting Yourself Out There Can Hurt”
- TMBA 321: Productized #3 – An Expert’s Advice
- TMBA 331: Productized #4 – The Evolution of a Business Idea
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian