Today’s podcast is another installment of our ongoing series called “The Re-Readables”, where we revisit some of our favorite business books to see if they stand the test of time.
Kyla joins us this week to discuss which ideas from Purple Cow have aged the best, which ideas have aged the worst, and how we have utilized some of the “Purple Cow” strategies in our own entrepreneurial careers.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What a “Purple Cow” actually is. (3:39)
- A few of the key concepts in the book. (17:02)
- Which concepts in the book have aged the best. (20:52)
- The ideas that have aged the worst. (26:00)
- The ways that we have adopted “Purple Cow” philosophies in our own businesses. (48:10)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Smash Digital
- Kyla Gardner
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Seth Godin’s Startup School
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com.
Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results.
What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast.
Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash Digital for sponsoring the show.
Deal of the Week:
This week’s Dynamite Deal comes to us courtesy of ManyPixels.
Every business needs high-quality design, but not every business needs a full-time, in-house designer.
ManyPixels is the perfect solution for a business owner looking to have their design needs taken care of without the commitment and the trouble of hiring.
ManyPixels has seasoned professionals who know how to help internet businesses. They are well aware of best practices but are also prepared to make designs unique to your business and needs.
For one low rate, you can have access to your own dedicated, professional designer with unlimited designs and revisions.
We’ve partnered with ManyPixels to offer a very limited number of their Basic and Premium plans at a 35% discount.
Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co to take advantage of this Dynamite Deal.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian