Today’s podcast is going to cover a rather taboo subject in some entrepreneurial circles: making the decision to stop being an entrepreneur and go back to the daily grind of a 9-to-5.
Anna Wickham is a former TropicalMBA intern, who traveled the world for nearly ten years and eventually started her own marketing agency.
Over the last year or so Anna has been feeling the pressure to remain an entrepreneur, even though she was questioning whether it was really the best fit for her.
In this episode, Anna opens up to share her fears and hesitations about the entrepreneurial life, and why she ultimately decided that it wasn’t healthy for her to keep pursuing it full time.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What made Anna originally decide that she wanted to live a nomadic lifestyle. (7:05)
- The struggles that Anna faced in growing her agency. (11:35)
- When Anna started doubting whether she wanted to be an entrepreneur. (13:17)
- How Anna feels about “resume gaps”. (21:18)
- Why deciding to get a job doesn’t mean that you aren’t an entrepreneur. (27:25)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Growth Ninja
- Facebook Ads Case Study: Design Pickle Increases MRR by 5.8k/mo.
- How Pro Church Tools Generated $25,865 in Recurring Revenue in 6 Months
- Anna Wickham
- Why I’m Quitting Entrepreneurship and Getting a “Real Job”
- Why I Will Not Curate My Online Presence for Potential Employers
- What I Learned When I Stopped Drinking Alchohol
- Russ Perry
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Wine Library TV
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 337: The Power of the Pickle
- TMBA 374: Are You An Entrepreneurial Person?
- TMBA 378: “If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try Try Try Again.”
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=13990]