Today, we are bringing you one from someone who has chosen an unusual entrepreneurial path.
Neel Parekh is the founder of a cleaning services company called MaidThis, which operates all over Southern California. What makes Neel’s business special is that, even though it is a local company, he runs it completely remotely.
In today’s episode, you will hear Neel’s insights into why he stumbled upon the idea for his company, how he managed to create a “Remote Local” business, and how to seize opportunities that entrepreneurs often overlook in the digital space.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Neel got his feet wet in the venture capital world. (2:45)
- What made Neel decide to start MaidThis and how his parents played a role in that decision. (5:47)
- How entrepreneurs can build location-independence through local businesses. (17:03)
- Neel’s hiring process for managers and remote staff. (20:49)
- The dangers of “analysis paralysis”. (31:06)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Neel Parekh
- From an Idea to Replacing My Full-Time Salary in 4 Months.
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by our newest product, Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. Our process means that you’ll only have to post your job once, and we’ll share it with our community of more than 10,000 established remote workers. If you are looking to hire remote team members, head over to DynamiteJobs.co and use code TMBA on the checkout page to get 50% off your first posting.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian