These days, the internet seems to be getting smaller. You really need to dig deep to find unique content, and it’s not easy to do.
Once upon a time, though, there was a search engine that highlighted blogs.
Richard Jalichandra is the former CEO of Technorati.com, which at one time was considered by many to be the gateway into the blogosphere. And, recently, Dan and Ian have become curious about why it disappeared.
On this week’s episode, Richard shares the story of Technorati, as well as the details of his long and storied career in the early days of the world wide web.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Richard’s struggles with Dyslexia have impacted his life as an entrepreneur. (5:28)
- Why he attributes his business success to being broke. (9:04)
- How Richard landed his first project on the internet. (16:30)
- What happened when Technorati lost 85% of their traffic in one day. (22:42)
- Why Richard believes that taking time off to travel and explore Asia is the best thing he has ever done. (30:31)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Growth Ninja
- Facebook Ads Case Study: Design Pickle Increases MRR by 5.8k/mo.
- How Pro Church Tools Generated $25,865 in Recurring Revenue in 6 Months
- Richard Jalichandra
- Young and Rubicam
- Dave Sifry
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 366: A Conversation with Ricardo Semler
- TMBA 381: A Conversation with Cal Newport
- TMBA 387: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian