They do so because they love creating and consuming audio content.
So, it’s no wonder that when Dan finally wrote his first book, Before the Exit, he was naturally very passionate about creating a narrated audiobook version.
On today’s podcast, we are talking audiobooks. In particular, we’ll be discussing how we recorded our first audiobook, as well as sharing some of the most popular passages as highlighted by readers.
You’ll also hear about the growth of audiobooks as a medium and why authors such as Michael Lewis and Margaret Atwood are increasingly committing to audio rather than the written word.
And, as a special bonus, listen in to find out how you could be the recipient of a very unique gift.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- A very special offer for listeners of this podcast. (5:09)
- What the process of recording an audiobook looked like for Dan. (10:01)
- Why not all money is created equal. (14:06)
- How boredom can be a mask for incompetence. (16:27)
- Why audiobooks might pose an opportunity for your business in 2018. (20:51)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- $100 Million Was Once Big Money For a Startup. Now, It’s Common.
- David Heinemeier Hansson
- Armpit Futures – RibbonFarm.com
- How to Build a Portable Podcast Studio
- Zoom H6 Portable Recorder
- Shure SM58
- Seth Godin
- Podcast Addict
- Michael Lewis
- Margaret Atwood
- Andrew Motion
- Sophie Hannah
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Noviland. If you’ve ever run a product-based business, you know that sourcing from overseas is frustrating from beginning to end. Noviland is a US-based, free-to-use eProcurement platform with a network of over 2,000 custom manufacturers overseas. They can help you to get factory pricing on a wide array of products quickly and easily. Once you create a free account at Noviland.com, they will walk you through the entire sourcing process. To get started, visit Noviland.com now and use promo code TMBA20 to get a $20 credit added to your account. Big thanks to Noviland for sponsoring this week’s show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian