That is, if you find the right things to write about, the internet will still allow you to make a great living from them.
This week’s guest was able to do exactly that.
His piece about how to start a blog, and make money from it, went on to become the most successful piece of content he’s created.
On today’s show, Ryan joins us to share some great insights about that post, as well as some strategies for creating content that makes money, and some actionable tips for getting started today.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Ryan got started with writing his own blog. (2:58)
- Why Ryan’s income from the blog drastically increased at the beginning of 2019. (12:20)
- Some of the strategies Ryan implements to create content that ranks well in Google. (21:40)
- Why Ryan believes we are still in the “Wild West” days of blogging. (26:06)
- Ryan’s advice for those that want to make a living by writing on the internet. (36:01)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Learn to Play the Guitar in 10 Hours – No Musical Talent Required
- Ryan’s Ultimate Guide on How to Start a Blog
- The Side Hustle Project
- The History of Blogging
- Ryan Robinson’s Side Income Reports
- 12 Ways How to Make Money Blogging and Earn $325,936 (on the Side) in 2019
- 11 Steps How to Write a Blog Post
- Business Insider
- Neil Patel
- Amy Lynn Andrews
- Pat Flynn
- The Business Method Podcast
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com. Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash.Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results. What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast. Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash.Digital for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian