They first met today’s guest back in April at our annual Dynamite Circle event in Austin, Texas.
Sam Browne was the beneficiary of one of the scholarship tickets to that event. These have been donated by some of the more established entrepreneurs in the community as a sort of way to ‘pay it forward’.
Sam is the founder of Find A Band, a New Zealand-based online booking agency for bands and musicians. He is also a talented musician himself, and you will hear some of his original music on today’s show.
Six months after attending our event, Sam wrote us to let us know that his experience at DC Austin had inspired him to dream bigger. So, we just had to invite him on to this week’s podcast to share his story.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Sam decided to start an online booking agency. (3:47)
- How Sam’s perspective has changed since attending DC Austin. (8:54)
- The types of struggles that Sam had in the early days of Find A Band. (19:41)
- Sam’s plans to expand his business internationally. (28:05)
- Some of our favorite guitars that we’ve played. (38:22)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Learn to Play the Guitar in 10 Hours – No Musical Talent Required
- Sam Browne
- Find A Band
- Black River Drive
- Vanessa McGowan
- Allen Walton
- Henry Daas
- Greg Gerber
- Melanie Ginsburg
- Ben McAdam
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Willpower by Roy F. Baumeister
- Seth Godin
- Yamaha SA2200
- Gibson Les Paul
- Fender Telecaster
- Gruhn Guitars
- 1951 Nocaster
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. Many of our listeners already know that Ahrefs is the #1 go-to tool for optimizing SEO traffic results, but it’s a whole lot more comprehensive than that. They actually offer an entire suite of SEO tools and act as sort of a “Swiss Army Knife” of SEO. If you want to rank higher in Google and send your search traffic through the roof, visit Ahrefs.com for their $7 trial offer. Even better, Ahrefs is offering one lucky listener of today’s show a free Lite annual account, worth nearly $1,000. All you need to do is tweet @Ahrefs and @TropicalMBA, and let us know why you need to win.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian