Today Dan and Ian are going to talk about something that every entrepreneur has to deal with: the anxieties that come with our way of life and the challenges of sustaining and improving mental well-being. Owning and operating a business means huge responsibilities, and these can create all kinds of stress and fatigue.
Today’s guest, Dr. Sherry Walling, is an experienced clinical psychologist and host of the ZenFounder podcast. She also recently released a fantastic book on the topic called “The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Sh*t Together”.
Sherry believes that the success of our businesses is intimately tied to our mental health. She has joined us on today’s podcast to talk about why many of us aren’t taking enough time to care for ourselves, and what we can do to solve that.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How the stresses that entrepreneurs face differ from those working in a 9-to-5 job. (3:34)
- Why entrepreneurship often feels isolating. (8:06)
- How Sherry very nearly sacrificed almost everything in her life to satisfy her career goals. (16:12)
- Some of Sherry’s favorite problem-solving strategies for entrepreneurs. (22:21)
- How Sherry decided that she wanted to write a book. (29:53)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dr. Sherry Walling
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Shit Together by Sherry Walling
- Rob Walling
- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Gary Vaynerchuk
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Growth Ninja. Do you have a Facebook ads campaign that you have been struggling to scale with an increased budget? That’s because scaling Facebook ads is the hardest part of the game, but it is also the most profitable. Growth Ninja is a performance-based Facebook ads agency that specializes in scaling campaigns while maintaining and improving your return on investment. If you want to successfully scale your campaigns dramatically, go check out GrowthNinja.com and let them know the TMBA Podcast sent you.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian