Don’t panic. We’ve got it covered with Dan and Ian‘s handy guide. It includes: how to handle nerves (yep), slide design, the pros and cons of bullet points and what to do if your Q+A session is greeted by a stunned silence (yep).
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What we’ve found out about the audience at our conference. (1:52)
- How Ian feels about his talk at DCBKK (5:02)
- Ian’s preparation process for speaking in front of people. (6:50)
- Why Dan hates bullet points. (17:15)
- Dan’s hack for getting the audience to interact with you (21:47)
- Dan (once again) secures a room upgrade. (24:20)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Rob Walling
- Google Slides
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA268: Getting More Out of Conferences – “Breakfast is a Big Deal”
- TMBA215: DCBKK 2013 – What Our Speakers Taught Us
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected].
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian