On today’s show, Dan and Ian have decided to focus on something that has never been done on this podcast. They have interviewed many entrepreneurs over the years, but they have always wanted to document the story of a business.
This episode follows the creation of a SaaS product called Splitly: the people who started it, and those who later became involved in its evolution. You’ll hear firsthand accounts from James Andrews, Greg Mercer and Andy Brown.
It’s a story of what is possible when you put yourself among people who can not only inspire and support you, but also hold you accountable.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why James decided that he needed to leave London. (2:32)
- How a failed business venture in China led Andy Brown to southeast Asia. (13:05)
- The conversation that led Andy and James to partner up on Splitly. (17:42)
- What happened when the software behind Splitly broke almost immediately after it launched. (20:09)
- What led James and Andy to approach Greg about partnering with them. (30:16)
Mentioned in the episode:
- **NEW** TMBA Masterminds
- **NEW** Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- James Andrews
- Andy Brown
- Greg Mercer
- The Empire Flippers
- Dave Huss
- The Amazing Selling Machine
- Seller Labs
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 324: The Amazon Gold Rush
- TMBA 374: Are You An Entrepreneurial Person?
- TMBA 375: How 100s Of Young Entrepreneurs are Making Generational Wealth in Less Than 5 Years
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=”13853″]