Dan and Ian have spoken about cryptocurrencies before, and certainly a divisive topic among the listeners of this show.
But the fact is that cryptocurrencies aren’t going away. If you’re interested in your financial future, understanding the nature of markets and how to interpret them, this episode is for you because we’ve invited our friend Taylor Pearson back to the show to talk about a recent article he wrote called The State of Bitcoin.
On today’s podcast, Taylor shares his thoughts on how cryptocurrencies essentially differ from other forms of investment, how to distinguish hype from opportunity, and why the “Bitcoin backlash” is happening.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What the world of Cryptocurrency looks like in the Fall of 2018. (3:28)
- Why Taylor disagrees with a Nobel prize-winning economist about the future of cryptocurrency. (11:34)
- How cryptocurrency represents a platform that businesses could be built on. (18:10)
- Why the price of Bitcoin has skyrocketed over the past few years. (22:52)
- Where the conversations about cryptocurrency are happening. (35:59)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- The State of Bitcoin (Fall 2018)
- Transaction Costs and Tethers: Why I’m a Crypto Skeptic by Paul Krugman
- John Maynard Keynes
- Alan Greenspan
- Friedrich Hayek
- Ludwig Von Mises
- Murray Rothbard
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Skin in the Game by Nassim Taleb
- Cities and Ambition by Paul Graham
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Empire Flippers. Empire Flippers are the leading specialists in helping entrepreneurs buy, sell, and invest in online businesses. Whether you are looking to buy or sell, Empire Flippers’ dedicated team will make sure you are supported at every step of the process. As a very special gift, the Empire Flippers are offering a free business valuation (A $300 value) exclusively to listeners of this show. All you have to do is visit EmpireFlippers.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian