Many of you may know him from his blog at MarkManson.net, where he has written about a wide range of subjects including digital nomadism, living with anxiety, and toxic relationships. Recently, Mark made the decision to sign with Harper Collins and publish his first book, titled The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck.
Mark is going to be sharing a few excerpts from that book on this show, as well as talking about how he got into blogging, his values as a writer, what he thinks the state of the blogosphere is today, and much more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Who we believe are some of the pioneers of blogging. (2:50)
- Why Mark decided to start his first blog. (5:09)
- What kind of superhero Mark thinks the world needs. (14:42)
- Why great writing should come before anything else. (22:18)
- Why Mark chose to work with Harper Collins on his new book. (29:43)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- An Open Letter to Brazil by Mark Manson
- Harper Collins
- Bill Simmons
- Steve Pavlina
- Andrew Sullivan
- The Huffington Post
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 322: One For the Writers
- TMBA 325: A Conversation With Ribbonfarm’s Venkat Rao
- TMBA 332: A Conversation with Mr. Money Mustache
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian