One of the biggest challenges that entrepreneurs face is finding, and creating, “life scripts” that represent their journey.
Today’s guest is someone that Dan and Ian have known for over 8 years, in fact they hired David Hehenberger as a TMBA intern back in 2010. Using the skills he honed during that apprenticeship, David left to become an SEO consultant, and ultimately started his own successful productized business called FatCat Apps.
David joins us on this week’s show to talk about three specific life scripts that are uniquely tailored for entrepreneurs.
If you’re seeking your own path, they can help you create the kind of financial independence that this podcast is a champion of.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The difference between selling “vitamins” and “aspirin”. (6:50)
- What a business looks like at the first step of the “stairstep approach”. (10:10)
- How David transitioned to the second level of the stairstep. (19:51)
- What David’s business looked like at the 1,000-day mark. (24:58)
- Why David decided to launch a new landing page tool for Amazon. (28:31)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- The 1000 Day Rule: What Living the Dream Really Looks Like
- David Hehenberger
- FatCat Apps
- Optin Cat
- Rob Walling
- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Travis Jamison
- AMZ tracker
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Refund Retriever. Refund Retriever is an unbelievably powerful tool for any business that uses UPS or FedEx to ship their products. Refund Retriever will automatically audit your invoices for late deliveries and other billing mistakes, and will directly liaise with these shipping companies to ensure that you are receiving full credit for any refunds that you are entitled to. The best part is that their fee comes out of the savings that Refund Retriever makes for you, so you only pay when you save.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 263: Building Low-Risk Software Startups
- TMBA 418: The Services Problem
- TMBA 420: No Epiphany Required
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=13990]