And Search Engine Optimization, commonly referred to as SEO, was one of the first skillsets that they learned and used when building those businesses.
A lot has changed in the last decade when it comes to SEO, and this week’s guest seems to be at the forefront of that progress.
Ahrefs is a Software-as-a-Service company that provides a suite of incredibly useful SEO research tools. Their website is also host to one of the best SEO blogs on the internet.
On today’s podcast, Tim shares some key insights about the evolution of SEO and how you can make SEO work for your business. We’ll also be exploring some of the darker sides of SEO and content marketing.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What Ahrefs does and what makes their tool so unique. (5:26)
- Why building a great product is more important than learning marketing tricks. (17:10)
- Some common misconceptions that entrepreneurs have about SEO. (31:38)
- How you can develop an effective content marketing strategy for your blog. (41:54)
- Why the SEO industry harbors some shadier elements. (46:10)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Tim Soulo
- Matt Cutts
- Search Engine Land
- Dmitry Gersimenko
- Moore’s Law
- Rand Fishkin
- Lost and Founder by Rand Fishkin
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. For a lot of our listeners, Ahrefs is already your go-to tool for optimizing search engine results. This year, they have dramatically improved their Keywords Explorer by rebuilding it from scratch. Their new Keywords Explorer 3 not only gives you access to data from Google, but from nine more search engines including YouTube, Amazon, and Bing. Whether you need to run a technical site audit, do competitor research, or identify high-value keyword opportunities, check them out at Ahrefs.com and big thanks to Ahrefs for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian