What better way to start the year than by addressing a topic that so many listeners are constantly reaching out to us about?
Tommy joins us today to talk about how to create a successful productized business, rather than getting stuck in a freelancer, consultant, or agency model.
This is something that we know a lot of entrepreneurs are struggling with, and Tommy shares some valuable insights into how he was able to make this transition, as well as his top four tips for starting a successful productized service.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How a trip to Medellin changed the trajectory of Tommy’s life. (7:11)
- The core difference between running an agency and selling a productized service. (18:41)
- Why you shouldn’t be selling your services based on ROI. (23:06)
- What kind of margins you need to be making in a services business. (26:46)
- Tommy’s four rules for getting started with a productized services business. (41:59)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- A Series on Productized Marketing Services
- Tommy Joiner
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Tyler Gillespie
- Noah Kagan
- Noah Kagan – How to Make a $1,000 a Month Business
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- Michael Lombardi
- Russ Perry
- Design Pickle
- Ben McAdam
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian