So Ian (the CEOh-yeah!) and I sat down tonight to talk about a bunch of stuff, but ended up instead telling the story of the Tropical MBA internships and how we plan to scale it through our
new [UPDATE (1/2015): now retired] job site, TropicalWorkForce.com.
The purpose of the TWF is to connect location independent entrepreneurs with freelancers providing services or aspiring digital nomades. Right now there are a lot of services posted on there– all services are pre-qualified by yours truly. I know these people, so we aren’t dealing with complete strangers here.
Our hope is to inspire our fellow location independent entrepreneurs to post about 1 internship opportunity a week– that would be about 50 next year. If we can’t meet that goal, I think Ian and I can help pad that stats by offering our own internship opportunities! We’ll also be posting our internships at TWF going forward. If you have any questions about the site, or suggestions as to how we can make it better, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Speaking of awesome– Tropical Talk Radio has been featured on iTunes and has already received 10 5-star reviews. I really appreciate you taking the time to review the show and help us grow our listenership! Ian and I love doing the show, and getting great reviews from you guys (plus critical suggestions via email!) keeps us motivated and pumped up to do the show.
Listen to this podcast and learn:
- The #1 asset that Ian and I see entrepreneurs consistently undervaluing in their businesses.
- Why you are leaving it on the table if you aren’t getting interns on your side.
- How the Tropical MBA concept got started, and why no creativity or genius was required.
- Why hiring service providers on Odesk and Elance still sucks and what you can do about it.
- The details on a job opportunity that will change somebody’s life.
People on this show:
Episode length: 19:42
If you don’t like iTunes, here’s the MP3 file–> [DOWNLOAD MP3]
PS, you can sign up for our mailing list and receive our first 50 podcast episodes by putting your email address in to the form below: