Longtime listeners will certainly be familiar with Travis Jamison.
Travis has joined us on this show many times in the past, and you’ve likely heard ads for his newest company Smash Digital on the show in recent weeks.
Travis has been on a pretty epic journey since we first met, not just living and working in many countries, but he has become a hugely successful entrepreneur as well.
We invited Travis back on to the show this week to share his amazing story.
You’ll hear how he started a supplement company and scaled it almost entirely through SEO, how he transitioned to SEO services, how he then shifted into SEO for Amazon sellers with AMZ Tracker, and how he made some judicious exits from those companies, which has allowed him to take equity stakes in a dozen or more start-ups with the investment arm of his new company.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Travis’ origins selling supplements online and how he got into SEO. (5:19)
- How selling his business gave Travis the momentum to develop AMZ Tracker. (21:26)
- Why Travis left $20 Million on the table when he exited from AMZ Tracker. (38:12)
- His experiences investing in other companies. (48:26)
- Why Travis reached out to us about sponsoring the show for the rest of the year. (1:02:26)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Have You Ever Considered Traveling With Large Computer Monitors?
- Travis Jamison
- Smash Digital
- AMZ Tracker
- The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping by Rob Walling
- Pat Flynn
- Naval Ravikant
- Paul Graham
- Long Flight by Future Islands
- Noah Kagan
- Noah Kagan Presents – The Entrepreneur Disease with Dan Andrews
- Noah Kagan on The Tim Ferriss Show
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Dynamite Jobs.
If you’re looking for a way to get a leg up on your competition, there might not be a better way to do that than to grow a great team. Now you can do that with not only part-time and full-time jobs at Dynamite Jobs, but we can help you find talented freelancers to do gigs for you. We’ve built a database of over 5,000 resumes that are targeted at people who understand the sorts of business you’re running. Our role is to point the most relevant candidates for your job. Our team is so confident that you’ll love hiring with us, that you can get started with your job or gig post for free. Check it out over at DynamiteJobs.co.
Deal of the Week:
We all know that having regular, quality SEO optimized content published on our sites leads to more sales in the long term. But, for many reasons, it all too often falls to the bottom of our ‘to do’ lists. Content Refined is a service aimed at solving exactly this problem: they will help you upgrade your current content or regularly deliver new blog posts targeted at your ideal prospects search queries. And today at Dynamite Deals they’re offering two of their most popular packages at an incredible one-time discount. For 7 days only (or until their supplies last) you’ve got the option to supercharge your business. They have expert writers, SEO specialists, in fact, an entire team to execute on your content strategy from start to finish. Don’t keep putting off your plan for content anymore, set it and forget it with the team at Content Refined, and watch the profits roll in. Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co to take advantage of this Dynamite Deal.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian