In today’s episode, we are reaching into the TMBA mailbag and responding to some interesting questions and comments we’ve received from our listeners.
There is a word that gets tossed around in the entrepreneurial community, and it’s actually something that is sometimes worn as a sort of badge of honor.
We see it on t-shirts and social media, and it’s usually represented by entrepreneurs who have rejected working for an employer at a job where they held no equity and instead chose to start their own business.
But is it really a good thing to be “Unemployable?”
You’ll hear our thoughts about that on today’s episode, as well as some insight for people who have become frustrated by meet-ups and networking events that they feel, aren’t providing enough value.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Where the feeling of being “Unemployable” usually comes from. (1:30)
- What the “Coffee Table Test” is. (8:12)
- The benefits of working with “House Money”. (13:47)
- What it means to be a “D” or “F” player. (24:54)
- Why networking is about more than luck. (33:09)
Mentioned in the episode:
This Week’s Sponsor:
This week’s podcast is sponsored by Bean Ninjas.
If you’re anxious about your business finances, today’s sponsor has an offer for you.
Bean Ninjas is an online bookkeeping and financial education company that has been helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom through stress-free finances for almost five years.
They were recently named Xero bookkeeping partner of the year in 2019, and they are offering to train you on how to effectively use Xero to manage your finances with their “How to Do Your Bookkeeping in Xero” online course.
As a special offer to Tropical MBA listeners, you can get 25% off this 5-week course. Head over to BeanNinjas.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian