Namely, that there are some things people just don’t tell you about entrepreneurship.
Sure, there are plenty of naysayers, online gurus, and general know-it-alls but the reality of what it’s like to be an entrepreneur can often be hard to come by.
Whether it’s the fact that often entrepreneurs undersell or fail to acknowledge the huge amount of planning and work that goes into running a business or just flat out ignore some of the cold realities of the entrepreneurial struggle. There are a lot of truths floating below the surface that would-be entrepreneurs aren’t always aware of.
So, on this week’s episode, we’re talking about those truths. Today’s podcast is all about the stuff that people don’t tell you about being an entrepreneur.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why there aren’t any shortcuts when it comes to entrepreneurship. (4:56)
- How new business ideas can be the enemy for entrepreneurs. (9:43)
- Why entrepreneurship isn’t a good idea for people who prioritize sustainable income. (17:22)
- The importance of having business friends in your life that you can reach out to for help. (22:08)
- Why entrepreneurial life can attract a lot of “dirtbags”. (25:30)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by The Dynamite Circle. The Dynamite Circle has been around for over 8 years and is a private community for established entrepreneurs. First and foremost, the Dynamite Circle is a community of peers, who understand their challenges and are willing to help each other on a day-to-day basis. Dynamite Circle members can choose to be placed in carefully matched online masterminds, have access to free bespoke recruitment services via Dynamite Jobs, and can seek and share advice through our private business forum. You are also able to buy tickets for our events around the world, including our longstanding annual event in Bangkok, DC BKK. Stop growing your business alone, head on over to TropicalMBA.com/DC for more information.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian