The LBP has changed hands as Dan and Ian have decided to “go in another direction” with their businesses and focus on the big picture in life. Taking over are Rob Walling and Mike Taber from the podcast Start Ups for the Rest of Us. This week they’ll take you behind the scenes of software development and give you the top tips on what to watch out for when managing a new software project.
Whether you’re looking to develop a WordPress Plugin, Saas, iOS or web application, this episode will undoubtedly spare you some serious heartache and pain in the development process. Follow along with the fellas this week as they impart their significant experience and intimate knowledge of software project management.
Your Business is Software. Is Software Your Business?
- The top warning signs you need to watch out for when working with developers.
- Why over 80% of your software maintenance costs won’t be just bug fixes.
- How to set proper expectations up front for developers and make sure they follow through.
- One trick to use when sending documentation to make sure developers follow your directions precisely.
- Rob Walling – @RobWalling
- Mike Taber – @SingleFounder
- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Camtasia Studios
- Fogbugz by Fog Creek Software
- Basecamp by 37 Signals
- OnTime by Axosoft
- Jira & Confluence by Atlassian
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.