Dan and Ian are coming at you today with some insight into what could be the most costly decision you’ll make in your business careers. Many don’t think about it in terms of cost, but in this episode, Dan and Ian will make it abundantly clear why you should, and how to look at partnerships in a way that is mutually synergistic.
You’ll hear about how Dan and Ian’s partnership is more of a marriage and how they manage to keep their ship afloat. Tune in to get partnership advice straight to your earbuds that only personal experience can teach.
A Partnership is a Sinking Ship…
- The biggest mistake Dan and Ian made when they started their original partnership.
- Why you need to plan for success in the future, not just for the immediate needs to launch the business.
- How side projects actually restrict your flexibility instead of increasing it.
- Resentment management and why it’s one of the most critical aspects of running a partnership.
- How “the race of who can do less” might have you in it’s icy grips and what you can do to escape.
- Chris Ducker – Location 63
- Dan Taylor – AppsEvents.com
- Tropical MBA - Job Posting
- Rob Walling and Mike Taber- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Felix Dennis – How to get Rich (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Jesse Lawler – Smart Drug Smarts
- Jimmy Hayes – Minaal Brand
Just The Tips
- “Partners, Brothers, and Friends” – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- July 5 – DCx WDS Portland
- July 19 – DCx Amsterdam
- October 18 – DC BKK
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, just attach a simple .mp3 recording to the email.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.