Last week Dan and Ian talked about how they hosted a couple hundred entrepreneurs in Barcelona for the DCBCN conference. During that event, some who were brave – and generous enough – shared their stories on stage: an intimidating task.
Andres Zuleta of Boutique Japan was one of them. About two and a half years ago, Andres started a company selling high-end travel packages to Japan. Boutique Japan is aimed at those looking for a bespoke, carefully tailored and unique experience. To give you a bit of the back story: Andres actually called in to this podcast and left a voicemail not too long ago and so, in this episode, we’re delighted to be sharing his story of success.
Boutique Japan is on target to make $1.3 million in revenue in 2016. In this week’s episode Andres Zuleta talks about the ride he’s been on – and how preparing for his talk at the DC conference actually gave him a greater understanding of the business structures and resources that he’s been building.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Andres’ initial reaction when we asked him to share his story at our conference. (4:51)
- How Andres got inspired to create his business by listening to this podcast. (11:04)
- Andres’ strategy for getting great content on his website. (25:20)
- Some of the things that Andres has struggled with in his business. (34:23)
- Andres’ favorite parts about Japan. (40:25)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Boutique Japan
- Tim Ferriss
- Pizza Port
- When is the Best Time of Year to Visit Japan?
- Espresso English
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA295: Our Hobo in Tokyo – Living on the Cheap in Japan
- TMBA306: Listener Mailbag: The Aftermath
- TMBA333: Info Product Talk
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian