“Look out for the boy who has to plunge into work direct from the common school and who begins by sweeping out the office. He is the probable dark horse that you had better watch.” - Andrew Carnegie
Ever dream of changing your life and getting ahead in the world? Andrew Carnegie gave a speech to ambitious college students over 100 years ago outlining his best advice, and despite his poor understanding of search engine optimization, it rings just as true today. In this week’s podcast Ian and I go over Mr. Carnegie’s advice and relate it to our own experience.– you can read the full text here.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What having no excuses has to do with supply and demand.
- Why it’s so freaking important to know what you want.
- Stop being so opportunistic – gamers need to go home.
- Break the rules and serve the result, at all costs.
- Why it’s virtuous to put all of your eggs in one basket.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: