It’s time for another Tropical Talk Radio podcast, which gets published Friday afternoons (Hong Kong time). Here’s the link to subscribe in iTunes if you haven’t already done so. This week Dan sits down with Dan Taylor, a multifaceted all around entrepreneur with some incredible experience building and selling multiple different businesses. His latest venture is AppsEvents.com where Dan organizes events to educate businesses and organizations on utilizing the power of Google Apps. Tune in to hear his expertise on running highly profitable in-person events.
Listen to this episode and hear about:
- The two costs and two revenue sources for every event, and why you need to keep it simple.
- How you can structure deals with hotels to get the optimal setup for your event.
- Why you should launch your event with an early bird price, and how that adds flexibility and profit potential.
- Speakers’ fees and how you can arrange the best setup for both you and the speakers.
Get your voice or question on TTR:
- Want to be on Tropical Talk Radio? Leave me a message. It’s easy to do, simply record a quick .mp3 and click above to send it in.
Mentioned on this show:
- Chris Ducker – Location 63
- Rob Walling – Startups for the Rest of Us
- MicroConf – Prague Event on October 5 & 6
Dan Speaking at DC BER
People on this show:
- Dan (@TropicalMBA)
- Ian (@AnythingIan)
- Dan Taylor – Dan (at) AppsEvents.com
- Dan Taylor on AppsEvents.com
Episode length: 28:09
Other download options:
- Download from iTunes and Subscribe to Tropical Talk Radio by clicking this link.
- If you don’t like iTunes, here’s the MP3 file–> [DOWNLOAD MP3]
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review, or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. I’m always happy to hear critical feedback as well. Please feel free to email me if you know some ways we can make it better dan at tropical mba dot com.