Bossman and I are in Tokyo this week following our annual DC BKK Conference in Thailand. We are gonna be recapping how the event went down, and reminiscing about some of our favorite speakers. We’re also going to be talking about what we’ve learned about throwing events, what we are planning to do in the future and sharing our advice for people that are looking to get the most out of all these upcoming conferences.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why great presenters focus on the lessons they have learned instead of the tactics that they use.
- How to define a successful conference talk.
- Why we are cutting back on keynote presentations.
- How we are experimenting with ways to change the ways that conferences are run.
- The benefits of being a speaker and why you should be doing everything you can to get on stage.
- Why breakfast and hallway meetings can sometimes be the most important experiences at a conference.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Derek Sivers
- Jacob Puhl
- Rob Walling
- Ben Hebert
- Panda Sunglasses
- Taylor Pearson
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian