Today’s episode is about one of the most rewarding, but also potentially most complex, relationships you will ever have: that with your business partner.
You’ll hear about the origins, and development, of David’s collaboration with his co-partner Jason Fried, as well as some of Dan and Ian’s reflections about their longstanding working relationship.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Jason and David met and how their business relationship started. (2:05)
- Why equity conversations usually have to happen very early in the life cycle of a business. (6:20)
- How David and Jason handle challenges in their business relationship. (8:00)
- How the two of them have managed to stay excited about Basecamp by working on other projects. (14:00)
- DHH’s thoughts on how an entreprenuer can create a new business in 2016. (16:15)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- David Heinemeier Hansson
- Ruby on Rails
- ReWork by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Jason Fried
- Marcus Aurelius
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA100: Rip, Pivot and Jam: The Strategy That Launched Our Newest Product Line
- TMBA197: The Bootstrapper’s Guide to Business Partnerships
- TMBA326: To VC or Not to VC, That is the Question
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian