As many listeners know, this show generally focusses on ways of finding success in business whilst still achieving balance in, and control over, lifestyle. One aspect that we’re occasionally touched on, but never really ‘deep dived’ into, is health – and particularly what we ‘should’ be eating.
Dan is fascinated by diets. It’s no secret that he’s experimented with a plethora of them over the years. But recently, aware of his own family history of heart issues, he decided to go on a quest for the ‘best’ diet in the world.
During that search, he stumbled upon the work of Dr. Michael Greger M.D., creator of NutritionFacts.org. He found Dr. Greger’s approach to nutrition something that, for once, not only made sense medically but also seemed to offer a balanced and sustainable way of eating long-term.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What Dr. Greger believes is the best possible way to eat. (3:40)
- Why heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. (5:28)
- How Dr. Greger’s methods compare to traditional American health care techniques. (8:35)
- Why most doctors don’t know enough about nutrition. (11:01)
- Where people are living longer, healthier lives and what those people are eating. (26:22)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Dr. Michael Greger
- How Not to Die
- Nathan Pritiken
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- An Insulin Index of Foods
- Dan Buettner
- Why Loma Linda residents live longer than the rest of us
- The Paleo Diet
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA093: How to Use Smart Drugs and Supplement Stacks to Get More Work Done
- TMBA205: Dreamline 3.0 – A Simple Approach to Getting What You Want in Life
- TMBA315: Talking Smart Drugs
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian