We’ve been looking back a lot to the beginning of The Valet Spot now that we’ve released the info to the public and realized that although we did a lot right, we screwed up a lot too. We figured with some of the big changes and our growth trajectory coming up, it would be a good idea to sit down and discuss what we did wrong, and what we did right so it can help some people in the e-commerce world avoid our biggest mistakes.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The biggest mistakes we made in building The Valet Spot.
- Why we probably wouldn’t start this business if we were starting from scratch.
- Why we’ve gotten a little less aggressive as our business has grown (and why we think this could be a bad thing).
- The one decision we made early on that helped us ensure our location independence.
- Why technology can sometimes be the biggest blunder if it’s focused upon.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- The Valet Spot
- Modern Cat Designs
- The Portable Bar Company
- TMBA Dreamlines
- Chris Guillebeau’s Annual Review
- John McIntyre
- Michael Corvel on TMBA
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: