Email has been an all pervading part of entrepreneurial life for the last few decades. These days, Dan and Ian have mixed feelings about email in general. In exploring how to step up some of their strategies for dealing with it, they decided to talk to someone who is always happy to open his inbox.
Chris Van Patten of Van Patten Media is just that guy. Chris loves working with email, and he’s not afraid to share his feelings about it. In this episode, you’re going to hear some approaches to handling email and why, sometimes, it’s ok to give yourself permission not to respond.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Chris uses three different email accounts. (2:57)
- How much time Chris spends on email each day. (4:12)
- The power that comes with receiving a second email. (7:28)
- How you could benefit from having someone answer your emails for you. (10:58)
- Dan and Ian’s thoughts on how they might implement some of these strategies. (14:59)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Chris Van Patten
- Van Patten Media
- Right Inbox
- Derek Sivers
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA131: How We Increased Email Subscribers 257% By Making it Harder to Opt-in
- TMBA220: Thoughts on Email Marketing (60% of Our B2B Customers Open Our Emails on Mobile!)
- TMBA 323: No Office Required
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian