Dan and Ian switch things up a bit this week to present the life principles of an American icon and “The greatest and best of men”, George Washington. The fellas talk you through his principled and altruistic standards and how they can directly apply to both your personal and professional life.
Not only did this man lead a rag-tag army up against the most dominant military force in the world and win, he also conducted himself in accordance with his principles and his mission. You will undoubtedly be examining both your motivations and interactions more closely after listening to this week’s episode.
Be Not Tedious in Discourse
- The importance of choosing your inner circle wisely and loving them deeply.
- Why you should take great care in your correspondence, and craft your communications purposefully.
- How consistently working under a higher principle and upholding virtue will pay off in the long run.
- Being decisive in dealing with destructive rivals and why it’s your duty to vanquish them.
- How throwing a party can be immensely helpful to both your business and personal endeavors.
- Ron Chernow – Washington: A Life (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- July 19 – DC Amsterdam
- June 15 – DC Chicago
- May 25 – DC LA
- John Neil – Email John at : johnconkle at gmail.com
- George Washington’s Rules of Civility & Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation: a Book of Etiquette
- Ben Krueger – Authority Engine
- Simon Sinek – Start with the Why (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
Just The Tips
- Offline Google Docs Rocks! Seamless syncing between online and offline
- “Living in America” – James Brown
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, just attach a simple .mp3 recording to the email.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.