Managing your money requires a completely different skill set from building a business, and even the most savvy entrepreneur might decide to seek the advice of a professional.
On this week’s show, you’ll hear from Joe Wirbick, the president and co-founder of Sequinox. Joe shares some thoughts on the macroeconomy as well as tips on how to evaluate financial professionals and identify whether or not they are the right fit for you.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How different generations have different attitudes about the economy. (3:40)
- Some common mistakes that people make when they are dealing with a financial planner. (11:46)
- How taxes can have huge implications on the financial planning of entrepreneurs. (14:01)
- Why it isn’t a good idea to just leave all of your money in a savings account. (18:27)
- The differences between the ways that entrepreneurs and traditional retirees save their money. (23:43)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The Principal Financial Group
- Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
- Harry Dent
- Scott Minerd
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA232: Is a College Degree Useful for Entrepreneurs?
- TMBA275: How Should an Entreprenuer Invest $50,000?
- TMBA303: 7 Things to Consider When Selling Your Business
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian