We’re talking about protecting our intellectual property and business through copyright, trademarks and patents. This stuff can be expensive for entrepreneurs, but it is incredibly important. There are so many reasons a bootstrapping attitude might differ from a more corporate or startup philosophy regarding these issues. We’ll also chat about our upcoming event in Austin, T.X. and why we have decided to sell our cat furniture business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What it costs to patent something, and the cost of defending that patent.
- Why patents aren’t a form of protection, but rather a form of power.
- What happens when someone comes after you over a patent dispute.
- The benefits of trademarking and what that process looks like.
- Why you should be assuming that people will steal your stuff.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PPS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: